Plate locks serve as a substitute for cold patch asphalt or flush-mounted plates. Its primary objective is to reduce expenses, work zone accidents, injuries, and contractor liabilities by consistently marking, identifying, and securing road construction plates. These safety orange-colored road plate ramps from Plate Locks are strategically positioned around the road plate’s edges and firmly attached to the roadway using concrete anchors.
NTS Plate Lock Benefits
- Easy and Fast to Install – Plate locks can be installed in a fraction of the time it takes a crew to throw down and mold cold mix.
- Save Money – You can use plate locks over and over again. Never pay for cold mix again. Plate Locks typically pay for themselves the first time you use them.
- Never Need to Be Removed – Plate locks never need to be removed while a trench plate does. This not only saves money in cold mix material costs but labor costs as well.
- Employee Safety – Plate locks are easily and quickly installed and help keep your crew safe by getting them out of the road sooner. And since they never need to be removed, your crew doesn’t need to spend any extra time removing and re-applying cold mix.
- Public Safety – With their bright orange construction zone coloring, plate locks were specifically designed to alert motorists, and especially bicyclists, that there is a plate in the road. Secondly, there is never any build-up of cold mix on the plates, which poses serious hazards to all cyclists. The angled design allows easy on and easy off and no more punctured tires or damaged rims.
- Reduce Liability – By getting rid of cold mix and preventing your plates from creeping or walking. The likelihood of an accident being caused by your trench plates decreases dramatically, thus reducing your liability.
- Environmentally Friendly – Plate locks can be used repeatedly and can be recycled once they’ve reached the end of their life cycle. They will reduce your carbon footprint because you’ll be using hundreds or even thousands of gallons less of petroleum products. They also keep our streams and rivers clean because they have no toxic sediment or run-off like cold mix applications do.
Plate locks offer numerous benefits for your job site! They are quick to install and reusable, saving you time and money, as well as reducing your carbon footprint, compared to molding cold mix. Unlike trench plates, Plate locks do not require removal, reducing material and labor costs. And, thanks to their bright orange coloring, Plate locks alert motorists and cyclists to prevent accidents.